5 things salespeople could learn from Muhammad Ali
Muhammed Ali is probably the greatest boxer the world has even seen. Nevertheless, what impresses me even more than his boxingskills is this mans remarkable mindset. This is what really made him the champion he later became. Just look at these 5 Ali quotes, and learn how you can utilize them in your sales work to become the ultimate sales champion!
1. “It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.” – Muhammad Ali
Ali was a master of using positive affirmations to boost his self image. How is your self talk when it comes to selling compared to his?
2. “I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.” – Muhammad Ali
Fake it till you make it! It dosen’t matter how good you are at selling NOW. If you really BELIVE you are the best, it will manifest in your behaviour around prospects too.
3. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
Feeling tired and don’t want to visit more prospects 2′ o’clock in the afternoon? Think the same way as Ali! Pain is only temporary, victory is forever!
4. “It’s hard to be humble, when you’re as great as I am.” – Muhammad Ali
5. “I am the astronaut of boxing. Joe Louis and Dempsey were just jet pilots. I’m in a world of my own.” – Muhammad Ali
Pretty powerful affirmation don’t you think? Why don’t you use it yourself? Substitute Joe Louis and Dempsey with the names of your biggest competitors and the word “boxing” with “selling” and repeat it to yourself endlessly!