9 Positive Affirmations For Salespeople
You can blame the market, the competition or the customers for not producing enough sales. Unfortunately it won’t help a bit. The real enemy lies within you. I’m talking about that little voice inside your head that says: “nothing goes my way”, “the weather is too bad”, “it’s impossible to sell on Fridays” or “if I just had another district…” over and over and over again.
Negative self-talk is every salespersons worst enemy, period!
Perhaps you are selective with what you eat. How about being selective about your thoughts for a change? What you think about most of the time, will eventually shapes your reality.
Think about it for a moment. Do you want to believe that you are either a lousy or a superb salesperson? What of these two mindset do you think will produce the best results?
“As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.” – James Allen said that, and he was dead right. You become what you think about.
Affirmations are a great tool to consciously decide what you say to yourself.
At the bottom of this article I have written down 9 powerful affirmations you can use, or you can make your own. If you do, remember these 2 basic rules:
1. Use the present tense. “I’m a winner” not “I want to be a winner”.
2. Be positive, and avoid using words like “no”. “I’m a winner” not “I am not a loser”.
The more you repeat your affirmations, the stronger the effect is. Repeat them 1000 times, and your conscious mind might start believing it. Repeat them 100000 times, and your subconscious mind might start believing it. Then magic might start happening….
1. Every day in every way, I’m getting better and better.
2. I’m helping people with my product.
3. My product is the best on the market.
4. Everybody likes me.
5. I am successful in whatever I do.
6. I’m a winner!
7. I’m an unstoppable sales machine!
8. I have a lot of energy, which makes it easy for me to outsell the competition.
9. I like myself.