Welcome to a site devoted to the fine art of selling! Want to learn how to sell more? Grab a cup of coffee and start reading!
First time visitor? Kick things off by reading my overall sales strategy!
Seven important mantras to live by in selling:
1. People buy people first. Then and only then, they buy the product or service.
2. If they don't trust you, they won't buy a thing.
3. It's not what you do once in a while, but what you do everyday that produce results.
4. It's not how many hours you spend at work that determines your success, it's how many hours you spend face-to-face with possible prospects.
5. People love to buy, but hate to be sold.
6. Make the other person feel important.
7. After the sale: Deliver more than the customer expects.
Tip: Print this list and put it in your car!
As mentioned earlier you should at all times during the salesprocess be carefully observing your prospect (you read my big ears, small mouth article, right?). If they like your product or service, they will sooner or later give you certain signals that you can use as building blocks for a close. [Read more →]
Do you like people who constantly keeps talking and talking? What about people who interrupt you when you try to say something? Strangly enough this is way many salespeople behave! [Read more →]
I remember several years ago when I first startet my salescareer. I though I could sell something to absolutely everybody! No matter how uninterested, unpolite or broke that prospect was, I did my very best every single time. Sure, I got a few sales out of those situations, but the time and energy I spent could never justify those signatures.
Before I start talking about objections, I want you to take a minute or two and ask yourself the following question: “What is sales all about?”. In my opinion the right answer simply is “agreement”. [Read more →]
In this post I will not run through the ordinary dry subjects like opening lines, sales arguments, handling objections and closing techniques. But instead tell you the secret behind every great salesman! Big words? Maybe, but if you follow these 2 principles over time I can almost guarantee that you will close more sales than you do now. [Read more →]